Graeme McCartney has a private practice in Wellington City and is a Gestalt psychotherapist; he has 20 years’ experience as a counsellor, psychotherapist, and as an alcohol and drug practitioner. Graeme worked in the mental health field for 8 years, before training as a psychotherapist.
Graeme has an adult daughter and a grandson aged 13.
Graeme’s qualifications and professional memberships are:
- Dip Psych GINZ (Diploma of Gestalt Psychotherapy, Gestalt Institute of NZ)
- Registered Psychotherapist PBANZ (Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand)
- MNZAP (New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists)
- NZAP....ACP (Advanced Clinical Practice)
- MGANZ (Gestalt Australia and New Zealand)
Graeme is experienced in working with:
- Grief and loss
- Addictions, Alcohol, Drug and other addictions. Alcohol and Drug Assessments
- Anger management
- Existential issues, who am I? What does my life mean?